Purpose: • The main purpose of this extension is to display your current deviantART "message centre" items/counts in your statusbar (lower-right corner of the browser).
Current Version: • The latest version is 0.9.1 as of 12/20/06.
Features/Upcoming Features/Suggestions • Please go here to see the full list or to leave a suggestion.
Compatability Issues: • Doesn't appear to work with ChromEdit.
To Install: (1) Click the "download to desktop" button (alternatively, you can right click on the download link and choose to "Save Target As").
(2) Save the file as "deviantMessage.xpi".
(3) Once the download is complete, open the file in your browser (File -> Open File) and allow it to install itself.
(4) After installation, close Firefox.
(5) Reopen Firefox and go to "Tools -> Extensions", select deviantMessage and hit "Options" to set preferences.
Miscellaneous: • If you encounter any problems please note me.
• If you use this plugin, please let me know what browser and version you're using.
• This works on the latest versions of Firefox, Mozilla and Netscape. It's been indicated that it works on Linux, Mac and PC.
Maybe we should put a notice on some forums or something like that? I think that there are many people for which making such plug-in will be "In a minute". I also miss this plug... as also for a completely external program to check messages.
I've managed to get this installed using a combination of the above methods ([link]), however, the plug-in itself has a bug where it won't allow you to configure the plug-in. If I had more steam, I might see if there was a way to do it manually, but alas, I have no steam. XD;
1. Enter about:config into address bar, hit go 2. Right click somewhere in the list of keys below. Select New->Boolean 3. Enter extensions.checkUpdateSecurity as the name 4. Select false as the value 5. Reattempt installation of your plugin.
Still dosn't work but i think its one step closer?
This has been one of my absolute favourite extensions since it came out, and I absolutely love it and rely on it for everything, however it doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest version of firefox TT^TT
i would loooovelovelovelove if you could update it omg. <3